Connecting to a PC

Last Updated:

1. op910au

op910au New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,
    Just bought an APAD Second generation. Have a problem with the mains power charger where the jack does not make a good connection in the socket. The supplier is going to change the unit when I send this one back on Monday. Lucky I bought it from an Aussie supplier here so the wait won't be long.
    However I have being playing around to get used to it. Managed to connect WIFI at McDonalds and try some emailing from my web account with yahoo. I was pleased with myself though I will have some questions soon on other applications.
    At the moment it has a 2GB MicroSD card installed in the slot. It shows up in the settings as does the Internal flash storage. However when I connect to my PC running XP and do the "mount thing" it shows on Windows Explorer as "Rock-Chips" drive, with a number of directories and files. However the Drive properties only shows the Used space (123MB) and Free space (928MB) of the drive internals, but where is the additional 2GB SD to be found?
    For the future when I install applications can I install them on the additional SD drive?
    Last question for now...An important application that I want to install is Skype. I still have the original 20MB application instal file on my PC which I used for it. Is this the installation file I can re-use on the APAD or is there a special one for the Android?
    Sorry one more....the plan when I travel is to use my laptop as the "mother PC". This has MS Vista operating system on it...any known issues???

Thanks in advance,
    Rod

Advertisement
  2. aibrean

aibrean Member

You can only install to the SD card if you have Froyo and the app supports it.

When you mount the phone there should be two drives, one being the phone storage, and one being the SD card.

3. op910au

op910au New Member This Topic's Starter

I've tried connecting with a PC with XP and another with VISTA. Same result...the SD card is not there. Also it only comes up with the mount option when the lower USB port on the APAD is used?? Both PCs ask for drivers and then can't find them. Then a message in the PC's tray says:
    USB Composite Device..................Ready to use
    USB Mass Storage device..............Ready to use
    Android Phone.............................Failed
    rockchip rk28 demoUSB device.......Ready to use

And as I said no sign of the SD storage. I have seen posts referring to USB drivers available, and the only one I found in a zip file would not unzip. Anywhere where I can find drivers for XP or Vista?
    Thanks.