Connecting to a wireless network which redirects to a login page

Last Updated:

1. merciadriluca

merciadriluca Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I need to connect to an institutional wireless network whose only security is achieved thanks to a login webpage. Once I'm connected to the wireless network, the first thing that I can do is to go to the login webpage. The problem is that most applications do not support this kind of login procedure, and therefore find no internet access (`connection problem' is written on my screen when I want to use the wireless network for surfing). Is there a workaround to this?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Chroma

Chroma Well-Known Member

I believe not. That's the idea behind portal logins. Can you log in at the beginning of the day and stay logged in, or is there a inactivity/time out feature to your institute's web portal?

3. opticalshadow

opticalshadow Well-Known Member

i have a wifi signal near me that doeas the same thing. however once i login to the site everything finds the internet connection fine.

4. merciadriluca

merciadriluca Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I think that there's an interval of time after which you're automatically logged off. But why should it matter, in any way?

Not here. Unfortunately. Is it working with cookies? I presume so. :(

5. har02052

har02052 New Member

Don't really know if you found a solution that works for you, but my hospital was set up the same way. When logging on the network, you got redirected to a web page that just made you click "agree." After that, you could surf with no problems. While using android though, it said that it couldn't find the page or their was a connection error. It turns out that all of this was actually dependent on the browser and not android itself. for me, the stock browser, and Dolphin didn't work. I then tried Firefox. And it went to the log in page like it should. I clicked "agree" and now everything works. So my advice, try a different browser and see if it helps.