Connecting to guest Wi-FiSupport

Last Updated:

1. ChewyTKE609

ChewyTKE609 Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, I've got a problem that I'm hoping somone will be able to help me with. I work at a hospital that has complimentary wi-fi for all of the patients and guests. I get a signal in the lab and am able to connect with my Incredible. However, this network has one of those stipulations that you open a browser to complete the setup. If on a laptop, you would open the browser and then accept the terms of use for using the internet. I'm wondering how I can go about getting fully connected with my Incredible. I've tried opening up the browser that came with the phone and I've also tried using Opera Mini 5. Neither one goes to that page so I can accept the TOU. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Jaguox

Jaguox Active Member

Sounds like an interesting problem. Have you tried turning mobile view off in the default browser? (menu>more>settings>mobile view) You could also try allowing pop-up windows in the same menu. Maybe get the local address you get redirected to off of someones computer and manually input it (save as bookmark)

ChewyTKE609 likes this.
  3. ChewyTKE609

ChewyTKE609 Member This Topic's Starter

Ha, that totally worked! I made sure to bookmark that page so I'll be able to get on to it in the future. Thanks for the response, and the solution.

4. Jaguox

Jaguox Active Member

Glad to help! Still I wonder if there is some way to do it without manual input. I'd guess the problem comes from how those pages redirect you and possibly not recognizing the browser. Next time I'm near a hotel/hospital I'll give it a whirl and see what I can find out. I just checked out the marketplace and there's an app called Open WiFi Login that might just do it!