Connecting to internet through wifiSupport

Last Updated:

1. Madelon

Madelon New Member

I have a new Samsung Galaxy Note 10. I am new to Android but have strong experience with windows and pc's.
    In my house I have a modem / router which works fine with PC, Notebook and Laptop (and iphone)
    I worked through the settings/wifi networks and it shows I am connected to the home network.
    I can also use 3g though a sim successfully. But when I tap the internet icon it tries but finally says not connected.
    Any thoughts.
    Advanced settings on wifi are:
    proxy settings : None
    ip settings: DHCP
    Signal Strength : Very Strong
    Link Speed: : 54 Mbps

Any thoughts.
    Cheers :)

2. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Restart the router first and see what happens. People have reported here that this solved their issues. AFAIR in the US a lot of people have some real BS routers provided by their ISP.
  3. Madelon

Madelon New Member

Just did that. Success.
    Even tho the rest of the pc's etc were still downloading etc.
    So yes, try reboot router.
    Many thanks.
  4. RonJohnson4164

RonJohnson4164 Active Member

It's a good dea to do that once in a while.
  5. cedricmprice

cedricmprice New Member

I keep getting stuck at "obtaining ip address" even though I have good signal, correct pasword (even get a message saying "secured, saved") then after "connecting" for a while during "obtaining IP address" I get a message saying "network disabled poor connection" even though I've been connecting to the same network (automatically) for weeks now. My boss connects with his laptop right next to me. HELP!