• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Connecting to internet through wifi

Madelon

Lurker
Feb 12, 2013
I have a new Samsung Galaxy Note 10. I am new to Android but have strong experience with windows and pc's.
In my house I have a modem / router which works fine with PC, Notebook and Laptop (and iphone)
I worked through the settings/wifi networks and it shows I am connected to the home network.
I can also use 3g though a sim successfully. But when I tap the internet icon it tries but finally says not connected.
Any thoughts.
Advanced settings on wifi are:
proxy settings : None
ip settings: DHCP
Signal Strength : Very Strong
Link Speed: : 54 Mbps

Any thoughts.
Cheers :)

I keep getting stuck at "obtaining ip address" even though I have good signal, correct pasword (even get a message saying "secured, saved") then after "connecting" for a while during "obtaining IP address" I get a message saying "network disabled poor connection" even though I've been connecting to the same network (automatically) for weeks now. My boss connects with his laptop right next to me. HELP!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones