connecting to kies errorSupport

Last Updated:

1. vapor311

vapor311 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

running windows 7 64 bit
    soon as i connect my phone debug turned off of course.
    I select kies on the phone
    It starts flashing mtp applicaition over and over the screens just opening and closing this window.

Win 7 always fails to load the driver for it and Ive downloaded every driver I can find.

Ive tried even letting kies recover the drivers.
    Ive tried the turning off wifi solution.
    Ive unmounted my sd card

What am I missing because this is REALLLLY getting annoying I always get the error 10 code. Reinstall the drivers for this device code 10 or 18 i reinstall them it says they are the most current and I get no where.

Kies wont recognize the phone and my phone just sits there flipping out going from home screen to mtp application over and over.

Advertisement
  2. Jack45

Jack45 Well-Known Member

I use Windows 7 32-bit and can't get Kies to work either. Same flashing MTP screen. I, too, have tried all the "remedies" I've been able to find. USB drivers fail to install, and so on.

Is your goal a simple transfer of contacts from Outlook to your phone without using Google, or do you have other needs that only Kies will fulfill?

3. vapor311

other kies needs.

4. Jack45

Jack45 Well-Known Member

If you ever do get it working, a follow-up post would be helpful.

Thanks.

5. Grut

Grut Well-Known Member

I was having the same issue with Kies..... I would plug my phone in, select Kies from the phone and then the phone would flash the mtp screen on and off and kies would never recognize the phone. NOW.... This only happened AFTER I updated Kies, yes, AFTER. I was running Kies with NO PROBLEM before the update, it was only after I updated, that I started having problems. So, I uninstalled Kies completely, redownloaded and reinstalled, restarted my computer and have been having NO problems since. Kies did ask if I wanted to update, but I declined. As for drivers, I'm using the drivers that were posted on this forum. Hopes this helps. Not sure why, after the kies update, I was having issues...... ??? Good Luck.

I'm using windows vista, 32 bit on a Toshiba Stellite laptop.

6. Jack45

Jack45 Well-Known Member

Thanks for your input. I'll give it a shot, but I don't have much hope for success having futzed with this for much too long.

7. vapor311

seems the biggest solution ive found so far was to uninstall kies since i allowed it to update itself and go back and install its original install version. that solved part of the mtp issue. no it has another issue.

8. Grut

Grut Well-Known Member

I'm not sure why Kies has so many issues after an update? I suggest to everyone to just let Kies alone and don't update untill this issue is resolved. What other problems are you having with Kies?

9. Jack45

Jack45 Well-Known Member

1. Older version worked, then stopped working (must have been a change in local humidity).
    2. Newest version doesn't work.
    3. What to I mean by "work?" MTP app on phone flashes on and off; phone not recognized by Kies; multiple drivers attempt to install but take turns failing.

Having been involved with PCs since they first appeared as a user and as a manager within the industry, I've never come across a piece of crap like Kies. Yeah, I know that it hasn't yet been officially released for the Captivate, but there's no reason why it shouldn't work for everyone.

I will say that CompanionLink and its partner DejaOffice comes close to the top on the crap meter, but Kies takes 1st prize.

=====

Totally OT, but just for grins:

It appeared that in order to call a contact a user has to:
    1. Click on DejaOffice
    2. Click on DejaContacts
    3. Click on the contact name
    4. Click on the contact's phone number
    5. Click on Call
    6. Click on the phone icon on the phone's keypad

So I emailed support and, voila!, he showed me how to save one step.

I can call a contact within the native Captivate functionality in two steps, and DejaOffice requires five. Isn't it nifty to be able to purchase a program that significantly increases your need for keystrokes rather than matching native device functionality or improving upon aspects of it?

Why did I even bother with CompanionLink/DejaOffice? I wanted to transfer my Outlook calendar to the phone, but its user interface, lack of customization, etc., etc. makes this baby Dog Number 2.