Connecting to laptopSupport

Last Updated:

1. Bob-o

Bob-o Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I have tried to connect my phone to my laptop and cant get it to work. Yes, I am using the original cable that came with my phone. I have the samsung drivers on there that I used to root. Could that be it? I have windows 7 I have turned on and off debugging, didnt work. It shows in my computer that I have "samsung android" but wont open or anything? I want to put music on it and take some off I downloaded. Thanks in advance!

Bob

Advertisement
  2. Kaessa

Kaessa Well-Known Member

Have you mounted your SD card, or just plugged it in?

Bob-o likes this.
  3. Bob-o

Uhhhh....just plugged it in? It that what th ev mount sd card thing is?

4. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Well-Known Member

no, drag the pulldown menu...down, ha

and then click usb connected

it ll ask you to mount the sdcard...click mount

you now have access to the sdcard...when you are done, repeat the pulldown but turn off usb storage

Racer X and Bob-o like this.
  5. Bob-o

Ohhhhhh ok ill try it tonight. Im in a tree again hunting lol. I have this whole week off for vacation. Thanks guys!

6. happy_camper

happy_camper New Member

Hi -

I have just moved from a dumb phone to a smart phone (Fascinate) and need some simple help here. I took some photos with the camera and would like to download the pics. I don't know if they were originally stored on the SD card but I suspect so. However, when I plug in the USB cord and select mount, the external SD card disappears and so do the photos in my gallery? Does the USB cord override the SD card? I have had a few weird data full errors and what looks like a red SD card shows up at the top of the screen (I have only 30 pics, no networking and downloaded just a few app so there is no way the card is full). The warning will suddenly just go away by itself? Maybe I have a bad SD card? Any suggestions are appreciated!

7. nitsuj17

when you mount the sdcard you lack the ability to read it on your phone itself...it mounts as a drive.

your photos are in sdcard/dcim/camera

you may have a bad sdcard...try to format it on your computer and if it still gives you issues give big red a call and complain :)

8. Moonfire

Moonfire Well-Known Member

Keep in mind that formatting erases it. If you want to save anything on the SD card, you could upload it to Dropbox, Picasa, or something else.

9. nitsuj17

yes, i forgot to mention...that...ahem, detail :cool: