Connecting to my PC via Wifi?

Last Updated:

1. Renegade_424

Renegade_424 Member This Topic's Starter

I have read on the forum about people connecting to their pc via wifi, pls could someone explain this to me, can the desire be part of a home network I have two pcs and a laptop on the network and adding the desire would make life a lot easier for moving files from different computers, mp3s wallpapers etc.

Advertisement
  2. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Well-Known Member

if you get an app like FTPserver on the phone, and an FTP client on the pc (plenty of free ones on www.download.com). you can wirelessly transfer anything you want between the phone and pc or vice versa. Drag and drop or windows explorer style.

just remember to end the FTP service in the app after your done or it runs in the background.

Renegade_424 likes this.
  3. dajomel

dajomel Well-Known Member

Alternative is using ES File Manager. As long as you have the appropriate permissions on your PC then you can use to to browse, transfer etc any files you like from your PC.

Renegade_424 likes this.
  4. Renegade_424

Renegade_424 Member This Topic's Starter

I see that astro file manager has now got networking but i'm needing help to connect to my home network: label, server, share, domain etc.
    I set up my home network a while ago and I dont remember it being this complicated.
    Any help appreciated

5. hippy247

hippy247 Well-Known Member

The app " Websharing " allows you to wirelessly mount your desire as a disk drive and sync over wifi using drag and drop, you can send anything from your pc or vice versa.

Renegade_424 likes this.
  6. phan

phan Member

I use swiFTP all the time to send music and stuff to my Desire. It turns your phone into an FTP server which you can easily copy files to with Windows explorer.

Renegade_424 likes this.