Connecting to PC

Last Updated:

1. Limey

Limey Member

Hey. This place is great, loads of great tips and ideas for an idiot like me :) Anyway, when I first connected my Tattoo to my computer it worked fine and I had no problems at all, now I come to try and connect it again and there's nothing happening. There's no prompt on the phone and the computer's not recognising it at all. It knows something's connected but that's about it.

Could someone help me PLEASE? I've tried the usbdeview tip from another thread, but it's not downloading the usb drivers like it said it would.

2. Limey

Limey Member

Somehow managed to get it going with a simple reboot. Not really that confident with these things so bear with me if I ask any stupid questions :)
  3. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Welcome to AF! :D

Don't forget to mount your phone when you plug it in.

Plug it in the usb -> Drag down the white notification box on the top of your phone -> select mount -> confirm

Now your computer will read it as a removable drive :) If you don't mount and plug it in, the computer will see it but you can't do anything.

So don't forget to mount!

Carl ;)
  4. Limey

Limey Member

Thanks Carl. Just one thing though, when I connect the phone to the computer via a usb cable, all I get is a notification saying "usb debugging connecting", nothing about mounting anything.

Now I'm confused :confused:
  5. dark1ro

dark1ro Well-Known Member

Hi there Limey. First, have you tryed changing the USB port on your pc ? Second, what OS do you use ? Third, in the phone menu at the All Programs you will find there " USB to PC", check that.
  6. huntattoo

huntattoo New Member

I had the same problem with my win7 OS, and I get answers from here:
    It works for me on my win7, probably it works with other WIN OS.