1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Connecting to PCGeneral

1. Tabarnak

Tabarnak Well-Known Member

I saw another thread asking the same question but it was not resolved and last post was mid January, so I decided to start another. I connected the phone, set it to MTP but can't see it in My Computer.

I went to device manager and is is there in the list named "Galaxy Nexus" I tried updating the drivers, from the device manager, it found new drivers and began the install but stopped and said something like "device not turned on/connected" so I unpluged it, pluged it back in and tried again, this time it says the drivers are up to date and it's working properly.

I just want to backup a few damn pics before I root it!

Advertisement
  2. ryancmatchett

ryancmatchett VIP Member VIP Member

What OS on your PC are you using and also is the USB debugging checked in your Settings-Developer Options? Also, are you using the USB cord that came with the phone? (It should automatically show as charging your phone, that's how I know mine is connected properly)
    Mine took a few tries to make sure I had the correct Samsung drivers installed on both XP and on Win. But since then it shows up to be accesses each time.
  3. Tabarnak

Tabarnak Well-Known Member

OK I turned USB debug on, plugged it in, said installing device drivers, then said could not find drivers. Hmmm

Running Win7 and using orignal cable
  4. ryancmatchett

ryancmatchett VIP Member VIP Member

5. macprv

macprv Well-Known Member

if you mean this thread: http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-nexus/488562-file-pc-gnexus.html

thats my thread... the reason why i havent post a solution or an update is because i tried so many options or fixes.. and none worked... in the end i gave up and kept using airdroid... airdroid is awesome and cool, but still, i wish i could use the USB :( on my PC