• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Connecting to PC

Tabarnak

Dec 8, 2010
I saw another thread asking the same question but it was not resolved and last post was mid January, so I decided to start another. I connected the phone, set it to MTP but can't see it in My Computer.

I went to device manager and is is there in the list named "Galaxy Nexus" I tried updating the drivers, from the device manager, it found new drivers and began the install but stopped and said something like "device not turned on/connected" so I unpluged it, pluged it back in and tried again, this time it says the drivers are up to date and it's working properly.

I just want to backup a few damn pics before I root it!

What OS on your PC are you using and also is the USB debugging checked in your Settings-Developer Options? Also, are you using the USB cord that came with the phone? (It should automatically show as charging your phone, that's how I know mine is connected properly)
Mine took a few tries to make sure I had the correct Samsung drivers installed on both XP and on Win. But since then it shows up to be accesses each time.

Upvote 0
I saw another thread asking the same question but it was not resolved and last post was mid January, so I decided to start another. I connected the phone, set it to MTP but can't see it in My Computer.

I went to device manager and is is there in the list named "Galaxy Nexus" I tried updating the drivers, from the device manager, it found new drivers and began the install but stopped and said something like "device not turned on/connected" so I unpluged it, pluged it back in and tried again, this time it says the drivers are up to date and it's working properly.

I just want to backup a few damn pics before I root it!

if you mean this thread: http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-nexus/488562-file-pc-gnexus.html

thats my thread... the reason why i havent post a solution or an update is because i tried so many options or fixes.. and none worked... in the end i gave up and kept using airdroid... airdroid is awesome and cool, but still, i wish i could use the USB :( on my PC

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones