Connecting to the network / no internetSupport

1. alamosimp

alamosimp Member

I am connecting to the wifi at our small business but I am not getting the internet. I know the wifi is working because my laptop is getting the internet.:confused: HTC Droid Incredible 4G

Advertisement
    :
  2. KJohns

KJohns ROM/Application Developer Developer

hmmm... what is your network security set to for the wifi access point?
  3. jbishop8135

jbishop8135 Member

Sometime you need to restart your phone. I have noticed mine sometimes doesn't connect. After restart everything work fine.
  4. alamosimp

alamosimp Member

I tried restarting still no connection to the Internet. I'm at home now and the wifi and Internet access are working correctly.
  5. alamosimp

alamosimp Member

I'm guessing that an ip address conflict would prevent the wifi connection let alone the internet.
  6. KJohns

KJohns ROM/Application Developer Developer

try removing the network from within the phones wifi settings. "forget" is the setting on my phone. After that reboot and try connecting back to the wifi after youve reset your internet devices (router, modem, etc.) . If i.p conflict was the culprit this should fix the issue.

If you're still having issues with the connection you could always try logging into your modem and seeing whats connected to your A.P. (for my setup it would be 192.168.1.1 into internet address bar.) Or you can download a network monitoring tool for a more advanced diagnosis and go from there.
  7. alamosimp

alamosimp Member

Well I simply do not know what made it work but it is working now. I looked at the router settings earlier and nothing was amiss. This afternoon I did nothing more than leave and come back to the shop. I am curious to see what happens when I come in tomorrow morning.