connecting to xbox live via tethering.Support

Last Updated:

1. b000sh

b000sh Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone gotten this to work? I'd like to get it working because I currently don't have interwebs at the moment. I've tried pdanet but it says the mtu is to low. I need to know if I need to root and what app is good for USB tethering. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. 702DROID

702DROID Well-Known Member

hang on ill see if i can connect to mine

3. 702DROID

ok it says while trying to connect with wifi tether

you can connect to xbox live but your current network conf may limit your experience

4. b000sh

Hmm. Well that's farther then I've gotten.

5. 702DROID

it connected i was able to go watch a clip from the marketplace was real choppy so i shut it down dont recomend it for gaming online

6. b000sh

Atleast it connected. There has to be a way to get this goin with no lag. People have been doin this on there iPhones and win mos for awhile. Which is stupid because they both suck.

7. momoceio

momoceio Well-Known Member

Sorry, but you aren't going to game lag free over a cellular connection. My ping latency is usually around 250+ms

Edit: Hmm, maybe this is doable. I just tethered my laptop to my Hero and my ping was only 107ms (to a nearby server). I had 2.77Mbps down and .58Mbps up. Just be careful not to hit your 5 gig cap...although that is a lot of data.

8. Aldo Junior Ao2

Aldo Junior Ao2 Well-Known Member

Please don't play xbox using your cell phone connection. Is it possible yes because folks who can't get regular internet have a new option and its call cellular internet which you can order from some companies for your home. My friend has this over in wisconsin where he can't get crap. The biggest problem like any cell phone is it is not constant in signal strength. Just imagine playing someone and bam there phone shoots to 1X. Oh yeah your not going to be liked. The only thing i think that my bud can do is talk on it and that works ok not perfect.

9. Markez512

Markez512 Member

Wow, I had no idea this was possible. So All I simply need to do is connect my USB cord into the xbox, and have pdanet connected?

10. 702DROID

no it dont work as someone stated already ping is to unstable so it cuts off and disconnects alot ....it wouldnt even let me try mw2 lol

11. nathanotis

nathanotis Well-Known Member

The limiting factor isn't the device, its the data throughput of cellular data networks...

I'd liken this to driving fast in the snow. Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

12. Snarky30

Snarky30 Member

I just did it by tethering the phone to my laptop and then using internet sharing on the laptop to connect to xbox live. I could see this being usable for getting updates or downloading an Arcade game, but online play would be painful.

13. b000sh

What apps are you using to get a connection with no mtu issues?

14. jprow507

jprow507 Well-Known Member

Has anyone been able to get game updates to work when tethered to the Xbox?

I can play games online fine, the lag is VERY MINIMAL even with voice, but I can't get game updates to download for some games that require updating before they can play on LIVE.

If someone knows PLEASE help.

15. KYDDKRYLON

KYDDKRYLON New Member

Ok well i'm connected to xbox live via tethering my phone to my laptop, I connected to a party once. I can see who's online and such. But now it wont let me join any parties or connect to a game. I originally set my mtu's to 1500. Then i've been raising my mtu's by increments of 500. I am now at 2500 mtu, but still nothing. Any suggestions anyone?