Connection ErrorSupport

Last Updated:

1. alison03

alison03 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So my Inc has never had connection problems until tonight. I noticed the same problem with my boyfriends Inc so I'm assuming this is a Verizon issue? Or does it have to do with the fact that neither of us have 2.2 (or is tat a totally separate thing?)

We can't get on the internet, check email, get weather updates, or play any games that need network access etc. We haven't changed any settings or did anything to the phone at all.

We either get this:

"There was a connection error while attempting to download weather data. Retry?"

Or this:

"This application requires network access. Enable mobile network or wi-fi to download data."

Not sure what is going on as it's never happened before. Is anyone else having the same problem tonight?

Thanks!

edited: I also notice when in Wireless & Networks page the tab that says mobile network is grey (when everything else is white). The box is checked, and underneath it says 'turning on'...

Advertisement
  2. ctc

ctc Well-Known Member

Try doing a *228 option one.

Side note...why aren't you guys on 2.2???

alison03 likes this.
  3. RawlingsSc

RawlingsSc Well-Known Member Contributor

I had connection issues last night too. There is another thread somewhere, I think in the Verizon section, about a nationwide 3g outage.

alison03 likes this.
  4. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Well-Known Member

yes verizon had a nationwide 3g outage. Most of the country is back up

alison03 likes this.
  5. alison03

alison03 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ah dang. Got it. I didn't know there was a Verizon section of this site haha. Noob alert ;)

I just looked in the android sections and then here but saw nothing so figured it was just us.

You know I dunno why we haven't updated...just read lots of bad stuff and our phones work stellar right now. No lag, no issues, no battery drain, nada. So we never updated lol.

Thanks again everyone!!