"Connection failed due to incorrect apn setting"Support

1. striketrue

striketrue Well-Known Member

Is anyone else getting this error under the mobile network setting in wireless/networks? I can only use data via wifi

Advertisement
    :
  2. Blanco720

Blanco720 Well-Known Member

you need to get your data plan corrected by customer service im fairly certain. give them a call.
  3. anoid

anoid Well-Known Member

I'm having the same issue.
    All works fine with the SIM card in my Treo Pro, but it won't work in the Inspire.
  4. dylando808

dylando808 Well-Known Member

i had that same issue. with my phone. what happened was my data plan was still under the original smartphone plan. in order to use data on this device your gonna need to change you're data plan to the "2GB/200mb HSPA+ for Smartphones" plan. simply just call customer service and have them help you change it. it was very easy when i did it.
  5. greg4android

greg4android Well-Known Member

and make sure you have one of the new SIM cards. Its not necessarily a 4G sim card, but its designed for the newer phones (backward compatible as well). SKU 73057 on the front

My first data plan was wrong. That's correct in saying you need the data plan marked HSPA+ for Smartphones (works with the new sim card).

[​IMG]

6. dylando808

dylando808 Well-Known Member

you don't really need a new SIM either.
    i bought my phone off contract from Amazon. i had a palm pre plus previously and i put my 3G SIM in my Inspire and it worked fine. i just needed to change the data plan because i was using an HSPA+ compatible phone.
  7. greg4android

greg4android Well-Known Member

I dont think you really NEED a new SIM, but it was nice of them to ship a NEW one in the order for free.

If it adds any functionality later, I already have it.