Connection problem - very urgent help desperately required!!!General

Last Updated:

1. Tabasco

Tabasco Member This Topic's Starter

HI everyone,

I've an unlock G1 on UK T-Mobile.

Everything was working fine (love the phone btw) - including my first 2 days of my trip in the US (where I am now). It automatically connected to T-Mobile (wifi) while around LA, Google Map worked any where without any problem. More interestingly, wifi seemed to be free as well (checked my account, just 4 free text message taken)

Last night, I changed the sim card to get a number of a friend......

Since then nothing works......as though something has messed up some connection setting - which I have no clue what it can be.

First off, when I plug my t-mobile sim card back in, it mentioned connection error for my googlemail account - kept trying with the correct password but kept telling me there was a problem. My Wi-Fi connection to T-Mobile now takes me to the standard 't-mobile day-pass site' instead of connecting me automatically. I managed to be somewhere where there was a open wifi network and the password issue seems to have stopped.

But still browser keeps connecting me to t-mobile to their day-pass site.

Last but most importantly, my Google Map hasn't been working since I changed my sim card - I desperately need Google Map for direction. It can't even detect where my location!!

I have been hating myself for messing the phone up while I need it the most!!!!!!

Currently using hotel computer, any help would be tremendously appreciate.

Advertisement
  2. carlosnumbertwo

carlosnumbertwo Member

There are instructions on how to factory reset your device. MENU>SETTINGS>SD CARD & PHONE STORAGE. Down at the bottom is the factory reset button. It'll get back to when you got it out of the box.

3. Tabasco

Tabasco Member This Topic's Starter

I did that but still can't use t-mobile wifi without paying hotspot. Nevermind. Been able to use some open network in hotels. Just a bit annoyed and puzzled by it. Thx for your reply anyway.

4. Paranoid

Paranoid Member

Next step: call T-Mobile