• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Connection problem with a Bluetooth headset

I have the Plantronics Voyager 510 and it is working perfectly fine. However, my Thunderbolt is unable to detect this bluetooth device even though I have turned it on along with the Bluetooth on my T'Bolt :(

Is there something special that I need to do to get it to detect my bluetooth headset?

Ditto... I needed to pair with my TB, but lost my Manual years ago... I searched the net and found this information on pairing...

1- Turn on Bluetooth within your phone - Consult phone instruction booklet

2- Put phone into pairing mode - Consult phone instruction booklet

3- Put headset into pairing mode - With headset on, press and hold call button and the volume up simultaneously until the headset begins to flash red and blue.

4- Select "Add new device" on your phone.

5- Select the Plantronics headset when prompted. Enter "0000" as passcode.

6- Your 510 headset will now have a continuous blue light blinking.

7- Choose "Yes" if your phones asks if you want to bond to the 510 bluetooth headset.

8- Your phone is now paired with the Plantronics 510 headset and ready for use.

Go into the TB ----> Home -> Settings -> Wireless and Networks -> Bluetooth Settings -> Click Discoverable -> Click Scan for devices then select PLT 510...

Hope this helps others,

Dennis

Reactions: bezerk19
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones