1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Connection problems during Setup!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zetroc

zetroc Well-Known Member

I'm having this problem with my chromecast: "We could not communicate with your Chromecast. It's possible that your Chromecast and device are connected to networks that are unable to talk to one another. This may require a small change to your Wi-Fi router settings. Learn more here." When I do in fact click on "here" it takes me to this support page that talk about AP Isolation, and how I should disable it.

I have a Netgear WPN824v3. I have searched through ALL the settings, and I have found nothing on AP/Client Isolation. In fact, I've even pinged the devices from the CMD and I the pings are successful, so my devices can communicate with one another. So what is the problem!? I got it to work yesterday, but then within the hour this happened, and now I can't get it to work. :( Help!

Advertisement
    :
  2. KOLIO

KOLIO NOTEoriously XPOSED Guide

Have you tried to reset the CHROMECAST device:

There are two ways to Factory Data Reset (FDR) your Chromecast:

Factory Data Reset your Chromecast from the Chromecast app. You will find the option to FDR under
  3. zetroc

zetroc Well-Known Member

Here's what I did, and it seemed to work. I read somewhere to disable UPnP, so I did. I also set my network to only G and set it to only one channel. I'm having a new issue, but many seem to be having that issue... it will be a new post.

mod, you can close this. :)
    KOLIO likes this.
  4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.