• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Connection to a Macbook

jcheat3

Lurker
Aug 22, 2010
I am going to be getting a Captivate this week but had a quick question for those more experienced Android users. I am still rocking my Blackberry 8310, and have really enjoyed how seamlessly I have been able to sync my contacts and calendar with my Macbook programs (ical and address book). I am curious if I will enjoy the same simplicity the Captivate, or rather the Android software its running, as I do with my Blackberry.

Thanks in advance.

What I did, as a convert from iPhone to Android, was sync my iCal and Address Book with Google Calendar/Google Contacts. That way, everything updates itself over the cloud. I find it almost as easy as just plugging my iPhone into the computer.

Also, to solve your issue connecting your phone to your MBP, make sure you turn USB Debugging "on" in your phone settings. This issue has been covered many times. Not to sound like I'm hating on the new person (because I'm technically new here myself), but use the search function next time. It really does help.

Upvote 0
I turn on the debug I get a red triangle. Have a macbook pro and will not see it as a usb no matter what I do. I have tried mass stoarge, debug, on connection.

Any more help be great.

Have you tried Different USB ports. I know that on my Macbook pro the phone only mounts on one of my USB ports. Make sure you are in debug mode and then mount from the phone.

Upvote 0
Personally, I did try to use the search function when looking for a solution to the issue, but I wasn't able to turn up the right information. There should be a sticky.

The procedure to get to debug mode is
Settings
Applications
Development
USB debugging

While I am not the original poster, thanks for the responses.

Upvote 0
Might also be your usb cable ( or maybe its just me! ). I have a BB micro usb cable and at&t zero micro-usb cable in addition to the one that came with the phone itself. The ONLY cable that works w/ mounting is the one that came with the phone; the other cables allow for charging, but the option to mount never appears.

Re: syncing. I utilize iCal, Address Book and sync to Google w/ Spanning Sync. Its all seamless within the cloud w/ no cables ( unlike the BB ).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones