• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories connector

Hello,

I'm thinking of moving from my iPhone to the Nexus S. Since I have a carkit with a iPhone connector and tiny amplifier with an iPhone connector to connect my iPone to my car stereo, I was wondering if there is a connector adapter to connect my parrot carit to the Nexus?

Thanks in advance!

If your accessories connect directly into the iPhone, then it will likely not work with other phones. Apple uses proprietary connectors that only connect with Apple devices.

The only connector that I know of that Apple uses that is universal is the 3.5mm headphone jack. The iPhone does allow you to connect BlueTooth devices which is also universal. If your accessory connects using BlueTooth, it will also work with an Android phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones