1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

connectorAccessories

1. iphone2android

iphone2android New Member

Hello,

I'm thinking of moving from my iPhone to the Nexus S. Since I have a carkit with a iPhone connector and tiny amplifier with an iPhone connector to connect my iPone to my car stereo, I was wondering if there is a connector adapter to connect my parrot carit to the Nexus?

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
    :
  2. Stuntman

Stuntman Well-Known Member

If your accessories connect directly into the iPhone, then it will likely not work with other phones. Apple uses proprietary connectors that only connect with Apple devices.

The only connector that I know of that Apple uses that is universal is the 3.5mm headphone jack. The iPhone does allow you to connect BlueTooth devices which is also universal. If your accessory connects using BlueTooth, it will also work with an Android phone.
  3. iphone2android

iphone2android New Member

Thanks for your reply. I was hoping that there is an adapter to connect that iPhone male connector from the carkit to an Android. This would integrate the charging facility as well.
  4. Stuntman

Stuntman Well-Known Member

Many phones use a standard micro-USB connector for charging. You'll have to purchase a new car charger. I have never heard of an adapter that allows you to connect a non-Apple device to an Apple connector.