Connects to Computers as A/C Power Instead of USBSupport

Last Updated:

1. nothelix

nothelix New Member This Topic's Starter

When I connect my phone to my computers (Win 7 or 2 XP machines) it always connects as A/C and not as USB. I downloaded the Samsung USB drivers and this worked on the Win 7 machine for a while but then started connected as A/C again. Un-installed and installed the drivers again but they do now work now. The Samsung drivers did not work on either of the XP machines. So, as of now I think it is the phone? I do have the Power Manager app installed and the phone still connects as A/C with it running or not.

Am I missing something?

Advertisement
  2. Greavous

Greavous Well-Known Member

drag down the usb icon at the top left corner when its plugged in. Once you do that you will see an option to mount the sdcard to gain access to what is stored on it.

3. exquisite

exquisite Active Member

i've had the problem of the usb icon not showing at the top quite a few times, but i just simply restarted my phone and then plugged it back in and it worked again.

4. htcman724

htcman724 Well-Known Member

if your not getting the usb icon make sure debug mode is off

5. nothelix

nothelix New Member This Topic's Starter

I never got a usb icon at all, it was connecting as AC current. However, over time I determined that is WAS due to adding a macro to micro usb connector. I purchased 5 from ebay at a very good price and I guess i got what I paid for. They were cheap and 2 of the 5 cause the problem.
    G