• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Connects wifi but no internet acsess

alhar

Jun 16, 2012
Hello!
I just got my Razr today and I'm having problems to get access to internet. The Razr connects to the router but I can't access to internet... It doesn't load any website, I can't access to market or gmail apps... I read many threads about this problem with this and other smartphones and I tried a lot of solutions but still doesn't working...
I tried to do a reset factory, static ip, restart the router, take out the password of the router and MAC filtering... and nothing
The wifi bars are blue in the settings but white in the top of the phone.

I have a Sitecom 150N WL-346.

Please help, any idea?

Hello!
I just got my Razr today and I'm having problems to get access to internet. The Razr connects to the router but I can't access to internet... It doesn't load any website, I can't access to market or gmail apps... I read many threads about this problem with this and other smartphones and I tried a lot of solutions but still doesn't working...
I tried to do a reset factory, static ip, restart the router, take out the password of the router and MAC filtering... and nothing

Please help, any idea?

The first thing to try is testing if it is REALLY connected to your router.
See if the phone can access other devices on your LAN, the easiest test is to try seeing your router web page in the phone's browser. Also, look at your browser list of connected devices to see if he phone is actually connected to it.

If the phone is successfully connected to the LAN, than the problem is in the way your router is set up.

Upvote 0
Thanks for reply.
I can't access to the router webpage with the phone. Where can i see the list of connected devices? Do you mean in some tab of my router webpage?

Yes.
Im not familiar with this router specifically, but all routers have a way to see which devices are connected to it..

you should also look at the wifi settings on your phone (tap on your wifi network) to see if the phone got an IP address from you router..

Upvote 0
I can ping my notebook from my pc but not my phone (destination host unreacheable) and I can't ping my pc or notebook from my phone

So your is not really connected, but it thinks it is.. . Humm..
check to see what protocols (wireless modes) your router is broadcasting. is it a "N" router? can you try to limit it to G only (54gb) to see if this is the cause..

Upvote 0
Yes It is a N router but I already tried mixed g+b+n, mixed b+g, only g... and nothing

you probably did that, but just in case you didn't.
Every time you change router mode, you need to "forget" the connection on the phone and log in again..

Does your router have a filter that lists MAC addresses that are allow to connect?

Im grasping at straws here..

EDIT: Im downloading the manual for your router..

Reactions: alhar
Upvote 0
you probably did that, but just in case you didn't.
Every time you change router mode, you need to "forget" the connection on the phone and log in again..

Does your router have a filter that lists MAC addresses that are allow to connect?

Im grasping at straws here..

with forget you mean tap in the connection and select delete?

I have mac filter and i added the mac of the phone but I also tried without mac filtering.

I have the router in channel 11, but i tried other like 1,2,8...

EDIT: about the manual of my router...it is shared with other two models and the screen captures in it are a little different from the menu of my router.

Thanks for your help

Upvote 0
I had the same problem, wifi connected but no internet and resolve the problem.
Go into your router config settings by means of your internet brower, type in 10.0.0.2 and the password, select "WAN" setup ,in the user name field enter your internet login name and in the password field enter your internet login password, apply your new settings, save the config at the bottom, restart your router and the problem should be fixed.

Upvote 0
Hello!

Please help, any idea?
Hey. Here's what worked for me. Go into menu>settings>wireless and networks>wifi settings. Press the menu button and go to advanced settings. Check "use static ip". Go to your pc that is connected wirelessly to your router. Get your ipconfig settings.(start>type cmd in search, right-click "run as admin", then type "ipconfig /all") Once you see your ip address (ex. 192.168.1.102) input that into your phone increasing the last digit by 2-3 (ex. 192.168.1.103 or 192.168.1.104). Do that to make sure you don't use an ip address that something else in your house is using. Then copy your gateway, subnet mask, dns 1 and dns 2 numbers exactly as written. When done back out and try to connect to your router. Hope this helps!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones