Considering a Droid Pro - any reason I should consider others as well?

Last Updated:

1. gsu_golfer

gsu_golfer Member This Topic's Starter

I'm very interested in the Droid Pro due to the form factor. Is there any reason (NOT keyboard or screen related) that I should consider other Droids as a better option?

I have no experience at all with Android devices, so I'm here for some assistance [​IMG]

Former [​IMG] User

Advertisement
  2. lordofthereef

lordofthereef Well-Known Member

I am not sure what sort of answer you are looking for if screen and keyboard cannot be talked about. I guess that mostly just leaves processor? Droid 2 global is a 1.2ghz processor. Form factor is exactly like droid 2 though.

3. gsu_golfer

Droid Pro - not Droid 2 Global [​IMG]

4. Guamguy

Guamguy Well-Known Member

That would be a good choice.

5. Raftysworld

Raftysworld Well-Known Member

i have a droid pro and the battery life is bad it gets 3-4 hours with moderate usage max even with the extended battery

6. toomuchgame441

toomuchgame441 Well-Known Member

Omg, that's terrible. Please consider checking your settings on your Pro. That's almost unheard of even with heavy usage. But I think if your going to be on Verizon then the Droid 2 would be a better choice.

7. lordofthereef

Not sure what this means, but it sounds like you are more or less decided. So go with it and enjoy! :)

8. gsu_golfer

Toomuchgame441: Why would the Droid 2 be a better choice? lordofthereef: It's my understanding that the Droid 2 Global is simply a Droid 2 with global capabilities. The Droid Pro is a completely different phone. I don't know anything about Android phones, so that's why I'm asking here.

9. lordofthereef

The droid 2 global also has a faster processor on board (1.2ghz versus 1.0). Outside of that, it truly is personal preference. I saw the droid pro and though "blackberry wannabe" the first time I saw it, but if you are leaning towards that, go for it! For what it's worth I try and stay away from hard keyboard these days anyway. If you are thinking you like the full qwerty keyboard and don't like the slide feature, the droid pro would suite you fine I think.

10. gsu_golfer

My only concern was that there was some difference in capability between the two.

It appears that there must not be, since no one has mentioned it.

Thanks for the help!

11. tigerdog

tigerdog Member

The greater question is between Motorola and other manufacturers. All Droids come with Motorola's own android apps for integrating email boxes, calendar, etc. It's not a vanilla Android implementation. I have an X and like the Moto apps for email, not for social networking. As long as you like what you see and need the GSM capability, then the Pro should do nicely. Anything else would cause you to move off Verizon. If you're not wedded to Verizon, though, the discussion can be wider.

12. gsu_golfer

I'm definitely "wedded" to Verizon due to coverage constraints in my home area.

I hadn't really considered the difference in manufacturer apps. I'd assumed they were all the same, a la "Facebook for Blackberry" being the same for all devices.

That's a terrible example because one manufacturer makes all Blackberry phones, but hopefully you get my point.

13. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

Personally I think the Droid Pro is a gimmick. That tiny 3.1" screen...yuck.

I hope you like it.