Considering a N1 to tinker with, use with my iphone 4? SIM related

Last Updated: 2011-02-07 23:09:19
  1. Ferris23

Ferris23 Well-Known Member

I know the Nexus One doesn't use a micro sim, but doing some google searches I saw a reference to the fact that if you place the micro sim from the iphone 4 in the "right place" of the Nexus One it will work fine without an adapter.

Does this sound remotely possible? I know I could buy an overpriced adapter or try and make my own but was just curious if I could just put the micro sim in the N1 somehow and call it a day.

I love my iPhone 4 but it's kind of annoying I have a SIM card that will only work in that phone unless I use a work around.

I'm sick of my POS Droid Eris work phone and want a respectable Android phone to play around with and switch back and forth with my iphone 4.

Thanks for any help.

Advertisement
  2. Mostly Harmless

Mostly Harmless Well-Known Member Contributor

I honestly think you need to atleast make an adapter for your sim chip. The way the similar card is positioned it doesn't look like you could just let it sit there. You could always give it a shot, worse case you make an adapter.
  3. Schwin97

Schwin97 Well-Known Member

You will need an adapter of some sort considering you push the sim down into it's slot... I doubt you would be able to get it to the right spot without an adapter much less get it back out again.

Good luck...
  4. snakeybidder

snakeybidder Well-Known Member

Just get a new sim card from your provider and throw away that sh*te iphone asap....
  5. clutchy

clutchy Well-Known Member

I tried but I never got it right... I was rushed for time so I guess I could have triied more but I just couldn't get it. :(
  6. Ferris23

Yeah, not a chance.
  7. Ferris23

Tried with the sim?
  8. snakeybidder

snakeybidder Well-Known Member

I bet when you get the N1 you will think differently mate......good luck :)
  9. clutchy

clutchy Well-Known Member

tried with the micro sim to position it just right but i never got it... I was NOT using the case that makes it the size as a regular sim.
  10. mkrmec

mkrmec Well-Known Member

cut out a normal sim size from some credit card like card and then cut out the inside of it for the micro sim.. put them both together.. place into the phone and it's done.. cheap :D
  11. Zmydust

Zmydust Active Member

Just order the adapter!
  12. jameskk

jameskk Active Member

I've got an iPhone 4 and bought a Nexus One on ebay... tried putting my sim in (using an adapter) and it worked fine for about five minutes then the nexus started restarting and now I can't get the sim to work again in the Nexus... any ideas ???
  13. titan2005

titan2005 Well-Known Member

Are you sure it's a sim problems? If it keep resetting itself sounds like a phone problems. Have you tried a new sim card?
  14. jmcgee_jr

jmcgee_jr Active Member

Anyone have any luck with any certain sim card adapters? I too have an iPhone 4 which I love for many reasons but also like to play with my nexus one. I got some german made adapters from amazon but they dont fit right, I have to really mess to get it to slide in on the N1, and it's very tight to pull out after.

Thanks.
  15. ghost03

ghost03 Member

One thing to consider is that your data plan (I assume you are using AT&T) is not going to work between the two phones. AT&T sees the iphone as a separate data plan from the Blackberry and "other" phones. That is how they will see the Nexus.

There is always wifi though.
  16. jmcgee_jr

jmcgee_jr Active Member

that is not true, I have an I4, as well as a nexus one as well as a BB Bold, I swap the sim card btw all 3 and my data services always work, the only thing that dosnt work btw is the Blackberry Services themselves.
  17. ghost03

ghost03 Member

The data plan does not work between my nexus one and iPhone 3G. I called AT&T and they told me they are two different data plans. Is there a workaround for this?
  18. jmcgee_jr

jmcgee_jr Active Member

Not sure what to suggest really, I have an i4 and then I have a sim adapter, when I pop in the sim into my nexus one it just works, no tinkering nothing.