• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Considering Android

S

sail4fun201

Hi all,

I am currently a dumbphone user, but recently I have been looking at getting a smartphone. For a long time I was sold on the Blackberry Bold 9650, which Verizon has not been kind enough to release.

I keep seeing all these posts about how great the Incredible is so I figured I'd check out this forum to help make my decision instead of just ignoring the entire android platform, as i did before.

I want something pretty robust email wise, and definitely something with strong messaging capabilities. I'm not the biggest fan of touchscreen keyboards (harder to type by feel), and not a fan of the moto DROID either. Basically i'm deciding between the Incredible and the Bold.

Yeah whats up

I've been looking at these two also. From what I've heard, the Bold 9650 is supposed to be in Verizon stores on June 10. I have been using an old Curve for the past few years and have been very happy with it except for the web browsing. I went into a Verizon store and played with an Incredible for awhile and was very impressed. Still, I'm not convinced that it will do PIM and email as well as the BlackBerry.

Upvote 0
I've been looking at these two also. From what I've heard, the Bold 9650 is supposed to be in Verizon stores on June 10. I have been using an old Curve for the past few years and have been very happy with it except for the web browsing. I went into a Verizon store and played with an Incredible for awhile and was very impressed. Still, I'm not convinced that it will do PIM and email as well as the BlackBerry.

I bought my Incredible on the 27th. Just waiting for it to ship now.

The Incredible won't do PIN messaging, and email won't be quite as good as the blackberry, but I'm not a business user, and I know many people with blackberries, so neither of those are a big deal for me.

The media advantages the Incredible has definitely outweigh these minor shortcomings for me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones