Considering ditching my Moto Droid for a DincGeneral

Last Updated:

1. MovingColors

MovingColors Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Should I? I don't know, I just have a little money to play with and I get bored of things too easily, lol. So I'm debating over selling my Droid and getting an Incredible.. Recommendations?

Advertisement
  2. SeattleYanksFan

SeattleYanksFan Well-Known Member

DO IT! Unless you need the physical keyboard and/or hate Sense, the Incredible is a better phone.

(Or you can send the money my way and I'll send you my old enV2.)

3. icrazy2u

icrazy2u Well-Known Member

Yes, Mom has Droid 2, it is so much slower then the INC. Better camera which is 8MP and is crazy ridiculous good. Only thing droid 1 and 2 have on INC is battery life. Still, theres ways to increase battery life. I like Sense a lot more then MotoBlur or what ever they call their OS. Also like the screen a whole lot better. Also looks nicer.

4. MovingColors

Okay the first Android phone I had was the HTC Eris and I HATED it. Not because of Senseui I actually love sense! The problem was the phone itself. I think HTC makes excellent phones and I consider the Eris just one very small bump in the road for an otherwise outstanding track record. I really don't even need the physical keyboard on my Droid I only use if I'm in the car and texting and driving is NOT SAFE! so I gotta get out of that habit asap. But no thanks on the enV2 haha I had the original enV and went through 3 of them because they kept breaking...so I've really lost faith in LG after that haha.

5. SeattleYanksFan

SeattleYanksFan Well-Known Member

If the only thing you didn't like about the Eris was its speed/lag, you'll LOVE the Incredible. My wife has had the Eris since February, and I actually think it's great, but is way behind the Incredible in all aspects except build quality. The Incredible feels cheap and the Eris is a tank.

Seriously though, if I had to buy any Android phone on the market today, it'd still be the Incredible. Can't say this will be the case in a month or two though. We'll see what is around the corner.

MovingColors likes this.
  6. MovingColors

Yeah, I think I'm gonna get it. Thanks for your help. If the HTC Merge is really coming to Verizon that will be the phone to get IMO. It's basically just a carbon-copy of the Evo but regardless, it has everything to keep any phone fanatic satisfied.

7. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

Incredible is nice. Sometime I wish I only got the one year though.......long.....

8. BetaMan

BetaMan Well-Known Member

Dude! What's to think about??? They didn't name it the "Incredible" for nothing. It's all in the name.... It's Incredible!!!

9. Zozz

Zozz Well-Known Member

I did and I couldn't be happier. The Droid is just too old and sluggish, once you make the switch to Inc. you will love it. I been with my Inc. since it was released and I don't even care or feel jealous about other phones coming out because the support and the hardware is hard to beat. Once phones start reaching 1.5ghz or Inc. dies at 2.2 (it think it will be upgraded to 3.0, or i'll root) is when I might get a replacement.

10. FramCire

FramCire Well-Known Member

I will say it again.

If you dont need a keyboard, go to Verizon and check out Fascinate, x, and Incredible. I would choose Incredible but I understand why others would choose the others.

11. AeolianReflex

AeolianReflex Well-Known Member

Incredible all the way unless you want to hold out for the Incredible HD. I think it is the perfect form factor and it is fast. Kinda wish it had gorilla glass but I keep mine in a case most of the time.

12. craighwk

craighwk Well-Known Member

I had a Droid up until about a month ago when I got the Dinc

Pros to the Dinc:
    MUCH faster than the Droid. By a lot. It makes the Droid look downright slow.
    Smaller, thinner, lighter, and no crappy slide out keyboard
    Sense UI - I personally quite love it. Your results may vary I'm sure
    Better camera / 720p video recording

Cons:
    Stock battery sucks
    Only 2 LED colors for notifications; it's pretty much useless
    Sense takes some time getting used to after having used Stock for so long

That's really all I can think of. :) I love my Dinc.