Considering switching from Moto Droid to HTC Eris

Last Updated:

1. bigdroid

bigdroid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am not going to get to involved into my reasons, however after having a Blackberry Storm1 and Storm2 the weight of the Moto Droid is pretty significant. I understand that I am learning a completely different OS, but the power button to wake the phone up then slide to unlock is a pain in the you know what! I am not involved in the Corp world anymore so live emails is not a big deal as long as I can get them and respond. I do not use the slide out keyboard, copy and paste is a problem as I use that all the time and not having it stinks. My signal strength always shows no signal till I hit send to place a call, now mind you I have a network extender in my house so full bars is the norm. I don't know I really want to like the droid and please do not get me wrong I do like it to a degree, but there are some quirks that I am not willing to live with at this point. I am still Droiding, I have decided to purchase on Verizon's Website a HTC Eris outright and have it billed to my account. What I am going to do is if I like it I will go into the store and do an exchange for my Moto Droid and get the Eris. If I do not like the Eris I will exchange my Moto Droid and go back to the Strom2(which I hope I don't have to do this), I really am thinking the Eris is going to be a better fit for me.....time will tell, I get it tomorrow hopefully!!!

Advertisement
  2. bigdroid

Sending Motorola Droid back :( I am having serious signal issues and I have the network extender in my house. :( I have had to charge the battery 3 times in 24 hours. :( Yes, I had the GPS, Bluetooth and etc etc off. I am not a heavy user at all. I might send 7 or 8 emails and 10 text messages. I have not really had a chance to enjoy the phone due to charging it. :(

3. brettlewis

brettlewis Well-Known Member

You either have a problem with specifically your phone or your doing something major that you dont know about.

buying a new phone wont fix your phone call quality, its your location, not your phone

4. bigdroid

Buying a New Phone will fix my call quality. I switched back to my Blackberry Pearl and have Full Signal. So I would beg to differ on that part. As far as doing something major that I don't know about, trust me I am positive I was doing everything right, as I have been in the cell phone industry for over 9 years now, and am very experienced in phones. I get a new phone every 2 to 3 weeks because I now do cell phone reviews.
    I do appreciate your input though.

5. brettlewis

Well, if you get a new phone that often then I see no problem. I would suggest just asking verizon, they will test the battery and phone for you and if there is something wrong they will replace it.

6. bigdroid

There is a problem with the phone. I see the problem as a highly anticipated product and it seems as though it is not performing on the basic things properly.

7. brettlewis

are you trying to say all of them are tainted? cause I have actually had better service then my old LG phone at my house.

8. Secretsound

Secretsound Member

Bigdroid I do have to warn you do some research on the Eris first because a lot of people are complaining about the battery life being a killer.

That is weird that you are getting no reception though. Have you tried just returning the phone and getting a new one?

9. Backnblack

Backnblack Well-Known Member

And the Storm1 and 2 were any better?

10. 3devious

3devious Well-Known Member

I think he is trying to say there is a problem with that phone, not necessarily the Droid. My husband and I both had the Kyocera slider a few years back. I got a terrible signal in our house, but he got a great one. I didn't call from the house, so I didn't care enough to complain about it but he enjoyed teasing me about it for those 2 years.

11. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

I would get a new droid, i would like to say the eris is better, but the issues you talk about are about the same for the eris, other then the weight.

Get your phone replaced, you got a lemon it sounds like.

12. bigdroid

I ended up returning my Moto Droid for a HTC Eris then back to the Storm 2. I would say that I am happy with the Storm 2 however having issues with send/answer keys and back button. I have had one Storm 2 exchanged. No considering go back to HTC Eris. The WiFi was better, the setup was smoother and signal was better than the Moto Droid I had. Really would like to like the Moto Droid, but the cons out way the pluses for me at this point. The Eris more fits my needs and I am home most of the time working so keeping the Eris charged up will not be an issue. :)

13. Ataranine

Ataranine Well-Known Member

Wow make up your mind eh? The Eris is better than the DROID IMO. I chose it over the Moto.

14. bigdroid

Sorry, I was a store manager for 6 1/2 years and I am used to switching phones every couple of weeks, because I could. Now it is very hard for me to settle down to just one phone.

15. Ataranine

Ataranine Well-Known Member

I don't think I'd be able to switch every week.