• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Considering switching to Andoid. Can we add roam only option?

xvipx

Jun 5, 2010
Hi everyone. I currently have a Pre and I love it. There are so many hacks to this phone to make it run faster and better. I'm considering the evo 4g. One feature that I really would like to see is a roam only option so that we can roam off verizon whenever we don't have good sprint service. I use this feature a lot on my pre. I don't like the fact that there is no physical keyboard either. How is the keyboard on this phone. I also don't get the $10 charge since Detroit doesnt have 4g.

Hi everyone. I currently have a Pre and I love it. There are so many hacks to this phone to make it run faster and better. I'm considering the evo 4g. One feature that I really would like to see is a roam only option so that we can roam off verizon whenever we don't have good sprint service. I use this feature a lot on my pre. I don't like the fact that there is no physical keyboard either. How is the keyboard on this phone. I also don't get the $10 charge since Detroit doesnt have 4g.

No as long as there is Sprint service it will not Roam. No Roam only option that I know of. As far as the 10$ charge do a search of the forum and enjoy... That dead horse has been beaten on forums. The keyboard you get used to and then like, and then love.

Upvote 0
I came from a Palm Treo and iPhone to a Motorola Droid...took a little adjusting but now I far prefer it to either previous phone.
I still prefer the keyboard on my Treo to any other keyboard. The Droid physical keyboard is alright but I end up using the virtual keyboard a great deal. I imagine you would find the adjustment to be fairly similar.

Not sure about the hack-ability on that phone. On the Droid the ease and extent of modification is beyond anything I have experienced before. And Android is the future, I firmly believe.

Good luck

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones