Considering the HD for my kids for ChristmasGeneral

Last Updated:

1. dprocket

dprocket New Member

I'm considering buying a Fire HD for my both of my sons for Christmas. They are 8 and 7 years old. I'm not sure if this is a great idea or not, but they are both begging for a Nintendo DS. I think something like a tablet would offer some gaming (I really don't think they need a full on gaming system) and the potential for some other entertainment and (hopefully) some educational value.

A few questions: I like the HD because of what I read about the ability to restrict some time/access. This has obvious importance since my kids will be using it. How exactly does the FreeTime features work and is it really helpful? Is the system too crippled with it?

Also, is it possible to use just one Amazon Prime account went 2 devices? I would likely purchase the tablets with my account and have one Prime account (mine). Would both devices be able to access Prime content? Or, do I need to have two separate Prime accounts?

I'm also considering Nexus tablets but it seems like there are a few more safety controls on the HD that could prove beneficial.

2. txrose72

txrose72 Well-Known Member

Here is the link to the Kindle HD forum on which should have answers for you. Customer Discussions: Kindle Fire HD and Kindle Fire Second Generation Update Version 7.2.1

Here is the link to the whole Kindle forum Customer Discussions: Kindle forum

Here is a help forum. Kindle Help Forum

I hope this answers your questions. I believe you can share a Prime account as long as the devices are signed into the same Amazon account.