• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Considering What Phone To Get for 2010!

Hi! New to the forums here and pondering whether to get a Droid or a Blackberry Storm 2 for my upgrade in March. My business requires that I:

(1) Be able to sync my calendars and contacts to my pc
- Does it have to be through Google?
(2) Have Email capabilities with several Email servers with immediate push technology
- I heard everything has to go through GMail for a Droid. It's not a negative, but please confirm.

Also, does anyone know if the Droid would be more compatible for syncing with a Mac or a PC? If so, does the OS matter? Panther/Leopard/Snow Leopard? Windows 7/Vista/XP?

Any help would be appreciated!

Hotmail doesn't work great on the droid there are a few bugs and from what I understand the same problems extend into other email also. Gmail works great though.

Before you consider the storm 2 use it. I was considering it until I touched the screen. I found it almost completely unusable because you can not just TOUCH the TOUCH screen, you have to actually push down on it!

Plus if you like apps for your phone, Android is the second best phone to go with and in a couple months it will probably rival apple at the rate it is going now. BB, Windows, Palm, everyone is lacking and falling way behind in the app department.

Upvote 0
Awesome! Thank you for the input, folks! I appreciate it. My main concern is the Email push technology of the Droid. I work with various Email servers and I have to have them all push immediately without having an app push them. I need to set it up via the PDA and then let it go. I also would be looking to update/backup the phone via a Desktop Manager so it's compatibility with syncing to a PC or Mac would be crucial to my decision making as well. As far as applications are concerned, I will not need them. The only things I need other than the Email and the phone are: A Password Keeper, Calendar, Contact List, and a Camera. The Camera will be used for taking pictures of field work as well as archival purposes. Those pictures need not be professional, just enough to document and do light inventory. I have a separate digital camera for the other more professional picture recording requirements.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones