• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Considering X10 and HTC Desire

I have no problem with the keyboard, I find it better than my HTC Hero because the screen is bigger so that letters are more spaced out. Also, so far, about 99% of my typing has registered, maybe am luck and i do type quite fast also.

I agree, it' way overblown - it's annoying when it misses but it's few and between when it does and the auto-learning dictionary offers every word you have ever typed before anyway.

Upvote 0
I just went to a T-mobile store this morning to look for the desire but it was sadly out of stock. The manager then challenged me to try the X10 although I was skeptical about it from all the negative reviews. I was pleasantly surprised that the 4" screen feels and looks amazing. Very crisp images, responsive and no lags. Keyboard is as good as touch screen goes, I dont see any of the problem Engadget mentioned in its review Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 review -- Engadget. The manager then proceeded to tell me that everybody he asked cannot find any fault in the X10, including myself. It's the best SE phone out there now and definitely on par with Desire. Only 2 disadvantages: Android 1.6 & no multitouch. Advantages: bigger screen & better camera. I think its almost a fair fight. I believe the X10 should be given a chance, you need to try it out yourself because I have always lean towards the Desire from reading all the reviews but given 10 minutes with the X10 is enough to notice how wrong many of the reviews are.

One thing I learnt about Desire tho, it looks much better in real life, in fact it looks and feels better than the Legend. Another shocker for me as I always thought the Desire is horribly ugly compared to the Legend from all the photos and videos I've seen on the internet :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones