Constant apps restarting themselves

Last Updated:

1. Ashido

Ashido Active Member This Topic's Starter

I noticed that I end up tlgoing to advanced task manager and ending a ton of processes and apps constantly. I remember within a few minutes I of just ending a set, there were about 19 more running again. I feel like my phone is bloated right now and all I do is check gmail and google voice and I end up having a bunch of other crap running.

My phone was officially charged 100% around 12am EST this morning and its less than 15% now. I'm currently typing this from the vibrant, and ill check the processes after I submit this message.

Advertisement
  2. RaistlinMajere

RaistlinMajere Member

I too have noticed this. It doesn't seem to have much effect, because the phone has so much RAM, but it's still a little annoying. Touchwiz?

3. Robinelli

Robinelli Well-Known Member

I had a slide before this and I think it had a version of sense UI. It did the same thing. So I don't think it is touchwiz that is doing it.

4. Nickk

Nickk Active Member

My phone is the same way. A ton of apps that I have NEVER used yet pop open and I have to keep killing them with advanced task manager. I'm about to try out automatic task manager in order to try to keep them "killed" though.

5. noonehereyet

noonehereyet No One... VIP Member

Killing apps and using task managers is essentially useless and nothing more than battery drain... Best thing to do is look at the privileges of apps have before you install them and if you want core stuff to stop turn off background data otherwise every time they cycle you will have to kill them over and over and over just wasting time and battery.... besides killing tasks is totally unnecessary on linux based systems...

6. Ashido

How would I go about changing the privileges and background processes?

7. Robinelli

Robinelli Well-Known Member

Menu- settings-Accounts and sync

8. noonehereyet

Settings >> Accounts >> Sync then uncheck background data...

But keep in mind that killing background data means you will have to MANUALLY check for things in the future like emails, updated apps etc... As for battery apps and task killers, they do nothing but drain the battery... this issue was actually confirmed about a year ago on a Cyanogen build as he used to have them built in way back in the day but had to remove them to improve battery life back when it was only the (G1 / Dream) to be exact and it improved drastically...

9. Ashido

So you're saying it would be better for the battery life is I just removed Task manager and allowed the applications to just run?

10. noonehereyet

as strange as that might seem yes because your are actually using more power killing or setting tasks to kill apps than just letting the apps themselves run which the core ones will do anyway no matter how many times you kill them....

and some more proof in this thread here : http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid/18334-task-killer-apps-truth.html

11. dan0zone

dan0zone Well-Known Member

The best soultion is to install an app called Autokiller ... It's not a task/app killer ... All it does is tweak the android memory management system >GC (Garbage Collector) please look into this app and PLEASE got to the dev's website so you guys can be informed Android users ,.,..,.,.,.,.