Constant booting Sony Xperia USupport

Last Updated:

1. Omminnoremac

Omminnoremac New Member

I have just arrived on holiday. I was using my Xperia U in the car but then stopped for the last part of the journey. When I got out my phone after arriving to take a picture of the view, I found it was switched off, which I had not done, and it had been on 50% battery.

When I tried too switch it back on, it got to the second boot screen before rebooting and starting back at the first boot screen.

It continued to do this in a cycle, and began to warm up, so I had to take out the battery. When I put it back in, the same thing continued to happen. I have tried charging it, to no avail. What should I do???

2. Joelgp83

Joelgp83 Well-Known Member

The device is "bootlooping". You should probably do a factory reset to get it working.

Do you know how to boot into recovery, or do you need instructions on how to do so?

Misread the post, thought you bought it on holiday. Fixed post to give better info.
  3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

welcome to the forums!!!!!!!!

ok LOL i know you are not happy with what your phone is going thru but there is no need to use the big font. it makes it hard to read......LOL;)

i do not your device but have you tried doing a factory reset? it is usually found in the bootloader. not sure how to get there on your device.

i'm gonna move you to the xperia u forum where folks who have your device can help.

edit: done, moved the thread, hopefully someone else can chime in.