Constant crashes after firmware update

Last Updated:

1. ClashBR

ClashBR New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys, I just updated to the new version through Kies. As soon as my phone booted and I exited lock screen, a lot of popups of processes that crashed show up. This includes android.process.acore, com.google.processes.gapps, Daily Briefing, calendar... pretty much everything shows up and I don't have access to anything on the phone. Apparently usb debug got back on so I can't get kies to recognize the phone.

I have a contract-free galaxy s from germany. Rooted. Uninstalled ryans lag fix through market before upgrading. I don't know what I did wrong.

What can I do? Thank you very much!

Advertisement
  2. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

Do a factory restore.

3. ArmadaTattoo

ArmadaTattoo Well-Known Member

Have you rebooted? I saw a post from someone who had some similar problems until they restarted the phone.

4. michael5458

michael5458 New Member

i rooted my phone and got the over the air update on my phone and once i did the phone automaticaly restarted and showed samsungs first load up page then it makes the noise where it should for the second screen that shows tmobile sticking together but nothing changes on the screen because im rooted im out of warranty and my phone wont come on i tried to apply update again and i tried factory reset and clear catche but nothing works what can i do to make this phone go back to the original update

5. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

You need to download the original firmware off samfirmware.com and reflash your phone via ODIN.