Constant Crashing....Help Please

Last Updated:

1. TehNerd

TehNerd Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys, i just got a droid and my buddy told me to put kangerade and chevy lv 1.2ghz on it. I'm not new t othe root game and i've done it to a few eris phones. I got everything installed correctly two days ago but yesterday and today, the phone seems to soft boot every now and again for no particular reason. it doesn't go all the way to the m as a hard boot would, but it goes to the droid logo and reboots from there. I'm running the newest version of Kangerade with chevy 1.2ghz low voltage kernel. does anybody know what could be causing this? the kernel or the rom?

Advertisement
  2. anaphora68

anaphora68 Well-Known Member

Your Droid simply cannot handle 1.2ghz. Switch to an 800 mhz medium voltage kernel. My phone does NOT like low voltage, but the 800mhz mv or 1ghz mv have worked well for me.

I can guarantee you that it's the kernel.

3. TehNerd

TehNerd Member This Topic's Starter

Ah thank you very much for the info,any major difference between the medium and low voltage kernel other than the voltage? Battery life, etc.... also I can just flash the medium voltage right over the lowvoltage correcct?

4. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid Well-Known Member

Yes, you can try any number of kernels, installing one over another.

What works for you will differ from what works for anyone else. I've tried every available Froyo kernel at 1.0Ghz and above, and posted about my experience here: Benchmark Results with P3 and Chevy Kernels - Page 2 - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum. In general, my Droid doesn't like LV and ULV kernels, but as you can see from that post, I've found that on Froyo, Chevy's 1.1Ghz LV kernel works better than any other.

The best thing to do is to try a bunch of different kernels (you don't have to stay down at 800Mhz unless you find, after trying a bunch of different ones, that your phone isn't stable over 800).

All the available Froyo kernels can be found here: http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-droid/98988-froyo-kernels.html

5. deantemple

deantemple Member

i'm running kangarade with the chevy low voltage 1.1 kernel and it's rock solid, i had trouble with the 1.2 as well... just change to the 1.1 Lv and you'll be straight.