constant freezingSupport

1. omr11a

omr11a Member

IS anyone else's Sony Xperia S constantly freezing when using apps or just browsing the internet ?

Advertisement
  2. Tyseyh

Tyseyh Well-Known Member

Nope.
    Using app killers? Installed dodgy apps?

If it gets too bad and you can't manage to sort it then either contact whoever you bought it from or factory reset it.
  3. dt0587

dt0587 New Member

Yesterday my son was playing the game Last Defender and the phone just freezed! I have to pressed both the power on/off button and volumn key down button to reset the phone...
  4. Tyseyh

Tyseyh Well-Known Member

Overheated maybe?
  5. jimmyb5374

jimmyb5374 Member

This phone does seem to overheat a lot during gaming to be honest mine does at least two or three times a day :-/
  6. tmcthree

tmcthree Active Member

Mine has frozen, but only once, so far...
  7. Tyseyh

Tyseyh Well-Known Member

There is no way it should do that. Take it back.
  8. heavensenttom

heavensenttom Well-Known Member

Right now mines sitting here with a completely black screen. The sounds are working as I've recieved a text. When I press the unlock button, the bar at the bottom lights up and the screen backlight comes on, yet the screen remains black. I've tried the reset by holding lock and camera, and all that happens is the phone starts taking pictures. It's been freezing a few times last couple of days, and about 20 minutes before this happened it decided to turn itself off and on halfway through a text. I don't use an app killer and the only unsigned app running is the PlayStation one. Any ideas? If it isn't sorted I think I'll take it back in the week. The freezes are annyoing me now.
  9. Tyseyh

Tyseyh Well-Known Member

If you would like to factory reset it. turn it off, turn it back on holding the Volume Down button.

That SHOULD bring you to HBOOT.
    in that menu that shows there should be an option to clear storage and such.
    I believe that would be like a factory reset.
    Just tried getting to the HBOOT menu on my phone and I'm having issues, Holding Volume down makes the green light flash once, holding volume up makes the blue light flash, but still no menu.
    I ain't done any reading up on it so i don't know what the techniques are.
  10. heavensenttom

That's just it though mate, I can't even turn the thing off. I've tried removing the sim too, and nothing.
  11. Tyseyh

Tyseyh Well-Known Member

You tried plugging it into the PC ? try the repair option under PC Companion?

Holding Volume Up and Power for 5 seconds or so resets the phone.
    not the camera button.
  12. heavensenttom

Ok cheers. Done that and after 5 seconds its vibrating and the screen backlight is coming on. Then after a few seconds the bottom bar lights up, the notification light flashes cos I have a text, but the screens still black.

Edit - I've got it to turn off, I think, cos it vibrated three times. Turned it back on and still nothing.
  13. Tyseyh

Tyseyh Well-Known Member

Did you try the Repair option under PC Companion?

If you click update Phone, once it doesn't find an update it should pop up with a window saying "Having trouble with your phone? You could always try the Repair option"
    Where it says "repair" its a link.
  14. heavensenttom

I have Backup and Restore or File Manager. Where is the repair option?
  15. Tyseyh

Tyseyh Well-Known Member

i updated my previous post with directions.
  16. heavensenttom

Thanks, I'll let you know how it goes.
  17. Tyseyh

Tyseyh Well-Known Member

Good luck!!
    i'll try think of other ways for possible fixes while I'm packing.
  18. heavensenttom

Thanks for the advice mate, but still nothing. A guy on the sony discussion boards suggested this: Main: Black Screen so i'm gonna give it a go now.

Edit: Think the phone may have bricked. Will not turn on at all. Great!

Edit 2: Not bricked but the screens still dead.
  19. Tyseyh

Tyseyh Well-Known Member

Any updates on the issue?
  20. heavensenttom

Yeah, I took it back and they gave me a new one straight away. Said it was the first they'd seen with the issue. Hopefully the last too. New ones been fine so I guess I just got unlucky.
  21. Tyseyh

Tyseyh Well-Known Member

Best of luck with this one!
    heavensenttom likes this.
  22. Aptik

Aptik New Member

Got the same problem with my Sony Xperia S :(
  23. wooks63

wooks63 Well-Known Member

Easiest fix - as per the original poster, just take it back and get a new one!