Constant *Message not sent* errorSupport

Last Updated:

1. samcarroll

samcarroll Active Member

does anyone else get a TON of message not sent notifications? I get them a LOT. Im a big texter and clear the conversations frequently because ill build up 200+ a convo rather quickly. But its so aggravating that i keep getting this error over and over. My iPhone sent the message EVERY time and never had an issue. Yes they do send with a little time but thats not the point, it should NOT be doing this.

Advertisement
  2. Madwolf27

Madwolf27 Well-Known Member

I *was* getting it a good bit but it has completely stopped.
  3. mwl1119

mwl1119 Well-Known Member

Are you using WIFI?
  4. HtcEvoLemon

HtcEvoLemon Well-Known Member

yes, it happens to me. At least once or twice a day. not a big deal for me, but maybe you can call t-mobile and see if everything is provisioned correctly.
  5. Madwolf27

Madwolf27 Well-Known Member

rarely use wifi, never had it happen on wifi
  6. Exaqtion

Exaqtion Well-Known Member

I get it around 5 times a day also. Very annoying.
  7. samcarroll

samcarroll Active Member

its always on texts i need to be sent right then and there too. Not on wifi. i keep it off so i can receive MMS. dont even get me started on that issue.
  8. smakmauz

smakmauz Member

I get that as well from time to time. It seems to be only when I'm in certain areas though. I think its probably more of a network thing than the phone. certain areas may not have as many text carrier channels as others so its like getting a busy signal.... the phone will keep trying to send it and when a channel frees up it will go through.

I suppose it could be a bug with the phone but you'd think we would have heard more about it by now if that were the case.
  9. chadmd23

chadmd23 Well-Known Member

You can turn off failure notifications in the Messages settings.
  10. sultan.of.swing

sultan.of.swing Active Member

Lol then he wont know if his message failed to send!
  11. rleal2010

rleal2010 Well-Known Member

what i do is just open a task killer lol, and i kill messages, so it will restart itself.

Some people say that all task killers cycle themselves, but I disagree, I believe they only kill the task once. But then again I also kill the task killer itself whenever I'm done so that might be a reason.
  12. chadmd23

chadmd23 Well-Known Member

Task killers are very useful to kill a single task, its auto killers that are the problem. Sounds like you are using it correctly.
  13. Hmm, weird. Whenever I have that "Message not sent error" it sends anyways, at least according to my message receivers. So, I learned after resending the message 20 times, they tell me they get that message anyways...20 times. hah
  14. samcarroll

samcarroll Active Member

yeah it sends it no matter way 99% of the time. i just got about 8 in a row. SO ANNOYING.
  15. Exaqtion

Exaqtion Well-Known Member

Anyone else getting random network switches? Out of nowhere my network starts to register with AT&T. Just checking to see if that might be part of the problem.
  16. letmehelp

letmehelp Member

hey all i have got a problem. My phone Lg optimus p970 appears to have trouble with sending texts at times.A red triangle comes up and it says ''message failed' or something like that,well basicly reetting the phone doesnt help and neither does having the app called Handcent or whatever, any help? i cant bare this problem,thanks maya
  17. eileenareena

eileenareena New Member

Same problem with T-Mobile. annoying