Constant Roaming after update. Seriously need help!

Last Updated:

1. nnate72

nnate72 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, I am using a Motorola Droid 1 and have run into a problem. My phone is constantly roaming (the little triangle in the status bar is visible) and I cannot program or activate my phone.

This started after this process:
    My phone was rooted, Stock 2.2 with superuser (via clockwork)
    I accidentally applied the OTA Adobe flash update and became unrooted
    I attempted to flash a rooted 2.2 with adobe with RSD Lite and loaded the newest baseband

My phone began not working at this point. I get this message when I try to activate via *228 or *22899: "The number or code you have entered is incorrect"......"Message 7 Switch 441"

I tried manually programming via ##PROGRAM, but to no avail.

I have flashed back to 2.0.1, 2.1, 2.2 every version of baseband I could find, but I still am roaming. Under phone status, my network is "Unknown"

Finally, here is what I have right now:

Model number: Droid
    Firmware version: 2.1-update1
    Baseband version: C_01.3E.03P
    Kernel version: 2.6.29-omap-g7fa8788android-build@apa26 #1
    Build Number: ESE81

I talked to a verizon tech support guy and he got me as far as being able to make calls on my "unknown" network and roaming status. He thought that he fixed it after that, so I just gave up on that conversation....

HELP!!!!
    Thanks,
    Nate

Advertisement
  2. istolvampire

istolvampire Well-Known Member

So you are unrooted now? Think there is a one touch(east root) solution now. Use it to root. Load a recovery(SPrecovery or Clockwork). Flash the newest baseband c_01.43.01p and Load a froyo rom. I recommend BB v4 using either clockwork or sprecovery. I prefer SPrecover but most don't. Leave the kernel stock and see if all is well. Then you can mess around with flash,setcpu,kernels, etc...after you make a backup.

You can use rom manager app after the root step to do everything else but it isn't hard doing it the manual way and that way has never failed me using SPrecovery.

Good luck and let us know.