Constant Slow Mobile Data?Support

Last Updated: 2013-06-06 20:31:24
  1. MacFett

MacFett Well-Known Member

Emailing with LG is futile.

Advertisement
  2. Curtis1973

Curtis1973 Well-Known Member Contributor

for those that have pursued the FCC complaint route,have you gotten any calls from VM/sprint,an email from them yet? be sure to answer odd area code calls, they won't call from your area code.
  3. jmfolcik

jmfolcik Well-Known Member

No calls of any kind yet
  4. Satukoro

Satukoro Member

I'm on a non-grandfathered plan and loading anything on 3g is like pulling teeth with the OE.
  5. finebyme36

finebyme36 Member

I received my replacement phone yesterday. I did the swap phone on the VM website, as soon as I did that, the phone started downloading the update. I had no choice but click install. The phone turned itself off, and never powered back up. I had to remove the battery and then manually turn the phone back on. It powered up. Then I wanted to see if I could shut it off, then turn it back on. I powered back off, then the phone would not power back on. I removed the battery again, but the phone would not power back up. So after talking to Habeeb and trying to go through his checklist, I was told that the replacement phone was no good and that another one would be ordered. So I am waiting for my 3rd phone now! Optimus ELITE....NOTHING ELITE ABOUT THIS PHONE!
  6. Murf1

Murf1 Well-Known Member

How accurately does the VM coverage map:

Cell Phone Coverage - Check Cell Phone Coverage | Virgin Mobile

Reflect most people's actual 3G results? I mean where it says 3G on the map, it doesn't indicate the strength/speed of it. I guess they just mean you are using the 3G network, "but your mileage may vary" as far as speed.
    Robertdol likes this.
  7. ktb83

ktb83 Well-Known Member

8. elhamda

elhamda Well-Known Member

I find this map to be a lot more accurate regarding Sprint's coverage in my area.
    Murf1 likes this.
  9. Murf1

Murf1 Well-Known Member

Cool -thanks! I actually have that android app. Did know about the web page for it.:)
  10. kwknott

kwknott Well-Known Member Developer

Got a call on my FCC complaint from Sprint executive services. They have put in a ticket to research area's of their network to see if there are network issues or an issue with the Elite hardware. She sounded like maybe there were other complaints issued about this phone. She offered to send me an Optimus V or an Optimus Slider :what: She said she would also speak with management to see if they could offer something outside the Optimus line and will call me back in a few days once the network is checked.
  11. Curtis1973

I'm betting her name was eichenberger. she's a really nice lady. and the v and slider aren't acceptable replacements. push the issue that you spent your money for an upgrade. not a downgrade. if it is her,or whomever.. stress that many users are having this same issue and that the elite needs a hardware or major software revision. it may convince them to at least push a software fix if thats the issue.
  12. kwknott

Yes it was her. I told her I really like the Elite and if they could fix it's issues I'd be happy but if not I would like a replacment but it wouldn't be an outdated phone
  13. MacFett

MacFett Well-Known Member

My 104 errors have returned and my device is overheating badly. I need to call VMU, but have been so busy this week and last I have not had a chance to do so.
  14. kwknott

Vm has yet to fix my issue or move me to another phone and yesterday my Elite started overheating really bad. It wouldn't make or receive calls nor would texts or data work. Finally last night it completely lost signal and will not pick it back up. So until vm does something I've had to reactivate my Optimus V. My OV doesn't have any issues with data like the Elite has
  15. Curtis1973

don't wait on ms eichenberger to call you back. call her. tell her it has stopped functioning altogether. I think that's unacceptable that you had to reactivate an old phone because your "upgrade" is s piece of defective garbage.
  16. elgecko

elgecko Well-Known Member

This could be such a nice phone for the money.
    Once I start to get over $150.00 for a PHONE a get a bit squeamish....

If it was not for Juice defender, I would have tossed this phone in the garbage a long time ago.
    It would eat the battery and get hot without this program.
    I have it set to connect every hour to sync my apps, email, and such.
    As others note here, when attempting to connect to VM network to surf the web, it is terribly slow. I think there is a software / hardware issue with the phone, not VM network. It is a major annoyance when out somewhere and want to look anything up with this phone when not connected to WIFI....
    I came from the V, and my wife still owns one, and that phone runs great. No need for JD to help battery life. Works great on VM network....
  17. kwknott

Oh don't worry I been on their case. I spoke with her Monday and she wanted tech support to call me and diagnose the phone but they hadn't called me within 24 hours so I called Corp. office and told the lady what was going on and she transferred me to Senior tech support which is in the corporate office. They diagnosed it and said it was a handset issue and noted my account and said she should call me back in a day or two but I called her right back and left her a message last night. She was off today so I should hear from her tomorrow but if not I'll call her back.
  18. Curtis1973

yes..it is a handset issue... In many handsets. defective hardware pawned off by lg to sprint and many other providers.
  19. kwknott

Well after many phone calls and no one figuring anything out they just decided to move me to another phone. Looks like as of Monday I will have the One V. I really like the the Elite and will somewhat miss it but I prefer to have working service.
  20. Curtis1973

im glad ms eichenberger took care of it for you. shes a REAL rep.
  21. kwknott

Yeah she was and so was Senior Tech services. Would be nice to have tech support like that all the time
  22. elhamda

Good for you kwknott. Let us know how the One V works out for you.

I am on my third Elite. I wished there was a way to go directly to Senior Tech Services or whomever is the real trouble shooter instead of this song and dance of sending replacement/refurbished phones to people. And I'm sure the cost of sending these phones via FedEx and overnight is not cheap either.
  23. elhamda

It looks like Sprint's version of the Optimus Elite is getting a firm update. One of the fixes is called "Sprint Connections Optimizer" which might be the answer to our data connection problems. According to Sprint's website "In a small number of locations, the feature may automatically connect to the 4G network for faster connection speed". Perhaps they are fixing the data connection issues without really calling it that.
  24. kwknott

It looks like it just manages your connections based on presets that you set into the phone. Using the phones location you can tell it to enable wifi and disable 3g/4g when you are at home or work and enable 3g/4g when you are anywhere else. The program will monitor your location and change the settings of your wifi and 3g/4g depending on your settings
  25. kwknott