Consumer Reports Tests 600 Gadgets and The Winner Is.....

1. Dvoraak

Dvoraak Member

Consumer reports tested everything from cameras to TVs to bluetooth devices to printers to headphones and, of course, tablets and phones. All the gadgets that make modern life worth living were represented. Some of the devices to land in the top 10 are no surprise at all. Apple's iPhone 5 scored the number 4 spot while the Samsung Galaxy S3 represented well at number 5. For those of us that own one, the winner of "Best Electronics of 2012" is really no surprise either.

The Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 beat 599 other laptops, TVs, entertainment centers, tablets and phones to win Consumer Reports highest honor.
    They claim they really liked the functionality that the S-Pen added to Samsung's flagship tablet and considered it an all around high performer. The Note 10.1 and the Kindle Fire HD (number 7) were the only tablets in the top 10.

Are you still on the fence about which tablet you should buy?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Stuntman

Stuntman Well-Known Member

I'd rather have a keyboard dock like the ASUS Transformer series than a pen.

The Queen certainly like the Galaxy Note, though.
  3. fdbryant3

fdbryant3 Well-Known Member

I agree with Stuntman. To be perfectly honest - I'm going to be taking a look at Windows 8 as a tablet solution if not laptop replacement.
  4. Dvoraak

Dvoraak Member

I looked at the Asus Windows 8 tablet before I bought the Note 10.1. I think W8 tablets will do well but I'm gonna wait and let the app store grow before I jump in.

As for other Android tablets, performance is the thing. The Note 10.1 simply outperforms everything that has come before.
  5. Ze Veteran

Ze Veteran Well-Known Member

Yes. If I want a 7 or 8 inch screen should I still buy the 10 incher because some consumer report says it will make my life better?
  6. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

If I needed a 10inch tablet, I'd just get something like an Ampe A10, it's a quarter of the price. I don't really need any more than that for watching pr0n in bed and talking to my friends on QQ and WeiXin, and TBH I don't really care what the Queen of England buys.
  7. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

I really have no use for a Tablet, i would like to check out the Galaxy Note 2...i would love to test the S-Pen and see it functionality, it might actually make me want to get the Note 10.1
  8. ouch1976

ouch1976 Well-Known Member

This is pretty interesting...I would've thought the Transformer Infinity would trump the Note 2...and I used to have an HTC Flyer with a stylus that I never used, so I don't see the hullabaloo about having one now...maybe technology has changed. And I would be skeptical of an article that puts the Kindle in front of the Nexus 7.

Nevertheless, I'm gonna go check out the Note 2 now. Thanks for the heads up!
  9. Davdi

Davdi Well-Known Member Contributor

I've got the 32Gb N7 with one of those EBay stands with USB Keyboard. Considering how cheap it was, it's really rather good. Holds the N7 firmly and the keyboard is actually not bad to type on. Beats the on-screen one hands down.