• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Contact birthdays are off by one day if over 64 years old

mstahlman

Lurker
Nov 28, 2009
There is a date calculation error in the Contact app. When I press the People icon, then long click a person and select Edit Contact, scroll down to the birthday field. If I entered the date 11/12/1935 and select Done. the date shows in the Birthday field 11/13/2009. I select the Birthday again and the date is 11/12/1935.
With some testing If I place the year on 1945 or later, the day stays 12 but if I select 1944 or earlier the day changes to 13.

I think this error is in the date calculation routine period and not related to just the year of entry.

I have a similar error occurring with the next anniversary date. In my case it's the calculation of the next anniversary date being one day ahead of the actual date for 2010 and the anniversary dates I entered were in the 1980s. My birthdays are calculated to the proper dates for 2010.

I doubt Verizon can help with this issue; it's probably error in the code that calculates the date.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones