Contact by surnameSupport

Last Updated:

1. barefootpilot

barefootpilot Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Can't find a definitive answer to this. I want the contacts in 'People' to be listed by Surname, First Name.

I've synced the contacts to my google account and it easily allows you to switch between views.

Each individual contact can be opened, edited and have the display option set to 'Surname, First Name', however this is going to take a while for my 100+ contacts.

Is there any way to do this on the Desire?

Advertisement
  2. jay_kay

jay_kay Well-Known Member

Not sure if this is what you meant but if you go into contacts and select edit, click on the persons name at the top and then at the bottom where it says display name you can change it there.

Hope that helps mate.

3. Aidan Bell

Aidan Bell Well-Known Member

I'm having the identical problem with my Streak; wanting to list all contacts by surname first. Your fix works contact by contact, but is there not a universal command? Does one really have to go through each and every contact changing it individually? I'm baffled it's happened to me at all because the vast majority of my contacts were listed surname first, but somehow the import to the Streak seems to have reversed that.