contact display names not savingSupport

Last Updated:

1. ac2basis

ac2basis Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I searched the forum but didn't see this anywhere. My apologies if this has already been discussed.

After linking all my contacts between previous phone, Google and facebook i go to the linked section of a contact and choose which display name I want to use then hit save. Eventually the phone switches the name back to whatever it feels like. Is anybody else experiencing this issue?

Advertisement
  2. Skytown

Skytown Active Member

This has happened to me too. It seems that the names and ringtones I assign will stay as long as I don't turn the phone off and then turn it back on. When I turn the phone back on it has reset everything to default. I don't know what the fix is for this but I would also like some insight into the problem.

3. thcraven

thcraven New Member

This same problem keeps happening to me. With my contacts that are linked to both Google and Phone, it automatically keeps reverting the displayed contact name to their Google Name. I want it with the names i have saved in my phone. I have to resave the display names as their Phone names about once a week. Any ideas why this is happening?

Not a big deal, but pretty annoying.

4. thcraven

thcraven New Member

Monday Morning bump for help

5. pixievinayak

pixievinayak New Member

I am experiencing the exact same thing. The strange thing is that some contacts change and some don’t. Anybody figured out why?

6. eipee73

eipee73 Well-Known Member

In my experience it has depended on the order I have linked in (that is if you have to link contacts to multiple things such as an e-mail address entry and facebook). Hope it helps, doubt it will haha.