Contact duplication???General

Last Updated:

1. bweave

bweave Well-Known Member

Having a problem with contact duplication from Google contacts. Anyone I contact appears in my contacts list which then seems to sync with my Eris.

What controls do we have over syncing contacts? I have looked but cannot seem to find any help and a search of the forum didn't bring back anything...

Also - people show up in my contacts list from 'history'. Any way to remove them too?

thanks to all for your help...

Advertisement
  2. Mer2112

Mer2112 Well-Known Member

Happened to me when I initially synced with gmail and then with Outlook. I ended up deleting all my google contacts on the gmail site since Outlook is my main PC based email program. When I synced with gmail it removed them from my phone too. All better.
  3. NKT

NKT Well-Known Member

You can choose which contact groups you want to sync by going into People, tap group tab, tap menu, tap sync groups. Select the Gmail contact groups you want to sync.

It's pretty easy to configure groups in Gmail and you can selectively sync them to your phone.
  4. bweave

bweave Well-Known Member

thanks for that trick - will look into it.

Any thoughts about the 'history' contacts also showing up?
  5. NKT

NKT Well-Known Member

Phone call history contacts or Gmail history?
  6. bweave

bweave Well-Known Member

I cannot replicate the history issue this morning. I power cycled my phone this morning - it is possible that removes the history?

If so, is there a way to get the phone to not remember the history?
  7. NKT

NKT Well-Known Member

You must be referring to calling history. You can manually clear the history but there's no way I know of to have it not store history automatically.