Contact errorsSupport

Last Updated:

1. daydreamerzx

daydreamerzx New Member This Topic's Starter

I have a Samsung Captivate running 2.1 and I am having a problem with some of my contacts (all synced from Google, nothing on the sim). When looking at contacts, then I click on a contact's name to look at their specifics, I get the following message:

Sorry! The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. dumpstate_app_201009071149_android_process_acore.log has been saved. Use *#9900# to copy out log.

Any suggestions???

Advertisement
  2. Jack45

Jack45 Well-Known Member

Googling "The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly" came up with zillions of hits. If someone here can't provide a surefire solution you may wish to turn to Google itself.

Welcome!

3. daydreamerzx

Do you know any place I could post a question with them that would get an answer? I've asked every cell phone person I pass in local malls or stores to see if they can shed any light, but I haven't found any decent suggestion yet that would actually lead to an answer.

4. Jack45

Jack45 Well-Known Member

The quick research I've done on your behalf has not shed light on a solution. Lots of theories, but no smoking gun. To some the problem has been random and comes and goes. No help, I know, but you may have better luck looking at the Google search replies to "The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly." It's possible that one of them will prove beneficial.

5. daydreamerzx

Hey Jack - I managed to figure it out! If you have a Google contact with a birthday, and you aren't sure the year, so you put, say 01/01 - which Google changes to January 1 - that creates an error with the Android! So enter a year, or nothing at all it seems! Pass it along, cuz dang, this was annoying!!!!

6. Jack45

Jack45 Well-Known Member

That's good news, but I'll feel better if you tell us a week from now that the solution "stuck."

Thanks for the update.