• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Contact Favorites(multiple numbers)

crutoi

Apr 9, 2010
Hey people,

After playing with my Incredible for many many many hours, just found a really sweet trick...

In the favorites widget i have people with multiple numbers(cell, phone...), and when you click on that person it calls the primary number, but last night i found that if you click the actual name of the contact(right under the actual pic) a details\properties pop up for that contact and from there you can call\sms\email the person via other numbers.

now back to looking for more cool things :)

You can also accomplish this by adding a 'Quick Contacts' icon to a home page.

To do this: Go to your home page, and press the '+' button.
Then choose: Shortcut > Person > (Select the Person) > Quick contact.

This will add an icon to your home page that, when pressed, will give you the option to: call, view contact info, sms, email, or navigate to their address.

Its much nicer than the HTC Favorites widget.

Enjoy!

Upvote 0
You can also accomplish this by adding a 'Quick Contacts' icon to a home page.

To do this: Go to your home page, and press the '+' button.
Then choose: Shortcut > Person > (Select the Person) > Quick contact.

This will add an icon to your home page that, when pressed, will give you the option to: call, view contact info, sms, email, or navigate to their address.

Its much nicer than the HTC Favorites widget.

Enjoy!

Oh I LIKE that! And you can get more contacts on one screen than if you use the full page Favorites like I currently have!

Upvote 0
the other way is preety nice, but if you add the same person twice(once for cell and one for home) the tag under the pic says the same thing (call Bill.....), so unless you organize by rows it makes it difficult.

... but still its nice to have an alternative :)

and it is nice that you can get more contacts on the screen :)

+1 :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones