• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Contact/Favorites pictures corrupting

Whenever I add a photo to a contact, then put the contact in the Favorites widget, the picture blurs/pixelizes/generally looks like crap.

I was syncing the pictures with the ones in my Gmail contacts, but I then came across this thread in the Incredible forum. However, the solution given there (manually loading the pictures on the SD card and then choosing them from the Gallery) will only work for a short time. Within a few hours, the picture in the Favorites widget goes to hell again.

I thought it might have something to do with the Google sync, but I just did a manual sync, and it didn't affect the picture at all.

My only clue is that when I go into the profile page for a contact that's in the widget, the (smaller) picture in the upper left corner looks fine. But when I go into the edit page, the picture looks terrible, like it does in the widget, until I save again. Also, if while in edit mode, I choose the contact picture from the Gallery again, the picture resets in the Favorites widget. For a while.

Since it was happening with the Incredible, it appears to be a Sense or Android issue rather than an Evo-specific one. Is it too much to ask that my friends and family look as smooth and sharp as the perky models in the sample Favorites widget?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones