• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Contact Groups

Skewer

Lurker
Jul 28, 2013
It's been 14 years of nothing but blackberry for me. Currently use a 9930, as does everyone in my company. While I find it impossible to believe my use is so unique, let me set the table here. I receive approx 400-500 e-mails per day. 95% of those e-mails are web generated leads. 100% of those web generated leads are forwarded by me to various contact groups (created locally in outlook and synched wirelessly through bes to my 9930 device). The contact groups consist of teams across the country that follow up on the web leads, and range in size from 5 - 30 contacts. My workflow....my company's workflow....everything we do on a minute-by-minute basis....revolves around the ability to use contact groups.

Blackberry WAS the only device which could synch locally created contact groups in outlook to the handheld. They removed that functionality with the release of the latest OS 10, and it has business owners like me scrambling to find another solution.

The iPhone does not have a native way to create contact groups and send/forward e-mails to them. There is an app for the iPhone called MailshotPro which addresses this very functionality, but it does not work perfectly.

I know nothing about the android devices. Is there a device which enables one to create contact groups from individual contacts synced via "active synch" and send/forward e-mails to those groups?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones