Contact icons not showing up in messagesSupport

Last Updated:

1. uber_mike

uber_mike Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey droiders. Im having a small issue here...

Recently I noticed that my contact icons in the messaging app have disappeared and just changed into the regular "no contact picture" icon. The contact pictures are still intact in my contacts and call log though. I tried handcent, but the pictures are missing there too.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. mrsbethyoung

mrsbethyoung Active Member

This happened to me earlier when I force closed the facebook app through SystemPanel. I use stock messaging.

Are the missing icons facebook pictures?

3. uber_mike

uber_mike Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Nah. It's the regular contact icons. Like the ones that show up in contacts...

Restarting the phone didn't change anything. I'm wondering if it had anything to do with Installing the low voltage kernel.

4. DodgerinNH

DodgerinNH Well-Known Member

Did you ever figure this out? I noticed it's just happening to me. Not sure when it started unfortunately, and whether it was because of new ROM (Redemptive REVOlution)

5. blt51

blt51 New Member

Anyone figure this out yet? Just happened to me with new phone. Contact pic show in phone book and when open text message, but not in text message 'mailbox' like it use to. I donot have Google+ set up, so is not that. I just restored contacts from old Droid incredible 2 to new one, same as always. Never had the problem. Minor, but frustrating.
    Tx

6. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Well-Known Member

Have you tried clearing the cache and data for the messaging app? You may lose your text messages doing that, so I'd back them up first with an app like SMS backup or verizon offers a backup app also.