Contact Info QR Code Generator for Droid?

Last Updated:

1. kchow84

kchow84 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,

Since I picked up my Droid I've been enthralled with the possibilities there are with QR codes...What I'm looking for now is a contact info QR code generator specifically for the Droid. I've found others, such as the one here: QuickMark Mobile Barcode - QRCode DIY - vCard but when I scan it with barcode scanner, it does not bring the info into the proper fields (eg. first name and last name are brought into the first name field, the full address is brought into the address 1 line instead of state going into state field, zip code into zip code field... ).

Ideally, I would like a website I can send to friends/family/misc contacts in an email and they can fill in the info, generate the qr code and send it back so that I can scan it and have all of their info on my Droid--sounds great, right?

This probably requires a bit of knowledge about how barcode scanner actually reads the qr codes and maps them to the Droid contact info fields... hopefully there are some geniuses in here who can help!

I appreciate any and all help with this.

Advertisement
  2. mooshu47

mooshu47 Active Member

Just a thought, wouldn't it make more sense to have a website that just generates a vCard file? Like this one:

Mobilefish.com - Electronic business card vCard generator

I don't see the point of going from text to barcode and then having to scan it, but maybe I'm misunderstanding your intention.

3. kchow84

kchow84 New Member This Topic's Starter

Maybe it's to gimmicky, but I like scanning the qr code versus downloading a vCard. Maybe it's just the nerd in me...

However, I just tried sending a vcard attachment to myself and I cant open it on the Droid, have you gotten that to work?

4. cranky_dan

cranky_dan Well-Known Member

I sent 250 vcards to gmail. It imported them and synced 'em with my droid before I could use the little boys' room. :)