contact info sync

Last Updated:

1. sanity29

sanity29 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

sorry if this was asked many time before, but i did try a search and found nothing.
    in my gmail account i have "my contacts" that are synced to the phone, and in there i have most of the contacts with all sorts of info like, address, birthday, anniversary, website, and all that jazz.
    when i sync it to my phone, i only get basic info like address, number and email. the birthday, anniversary and website don't syn. why is that and how can i fix that? i would hate to go through my phone and edit all that info manually in the phone.
    also, i read somewhere that you can choose what contacts from gmail are synced. if you go into people, then groups, hit menu, and then sync group you can choose what is synced (all contacts, my contacts, and whatever groups you have). i had that option before, and now it is gone. any ideas?
    thanx for the help and info. sorry if this was posted before and my tired eyes didn't see it.

Advertisement
  2. zombdroid

zombdroid Well-Known Member

I am running a ROM based on the upcoming 2.1 release and my phone has all of this information synced. I just added a website as test and it synced immediately. I guess you could either wait for 2.1 or put a rooted ROM on your phone. Rumor mill has 2.1 coming out next week. We will see...

3. sanity29

sanity29 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

so the stock 1.5 rom won't sync that info?