Contact List BugSupport

Last Updated:

1. Ricom69

Ricom69 New Member This Topic's Starter

This may or may not be a bug but I wanted to address it anyhow.

When viewing a contact in your contact list, I'm unable to scroll through the Other Information (Notes) section. The only way to scroll is to edit the contact and scroll through the Note section. This is a small inconvenience but can be a pain if I'm in a hurry to retrieve information for my client. I write more notes that can fit in the viewable default note window.

Advertisement
  2. dkaufman1

dkaufman1 Well-Known Member

Gmail/Contacts, and PIM in general is very weak on the Android platform right now.

3. Ricom69

Ricom69 New Member This Topic's Starter

Got the new update yesterday...looks like they still haven't fixed this. what a bummer. I should have kept my blackberry:mad:

4. furrbrain

furrbrain Member

Yup, like if the only bit of info I may have is a company (i.e. Dominoes Pizza) won't show the company in the list but only shows the phone number where the company name should be showing. If I move the company name over to the "person name" field it's OK. Search doesn't search through company name but person's name only. Often times I'll have a person at a company so all I'll see is their name (i.e. Jack at flakeywakey Farm 555-1234) won't be searchable for the farm but by his name.

I've moved mostly everything around, but it is a pain.

5. dkaufman1

dkaufman1 Well-Known Member

I hate the PIM. I am surprised a phone this powerful and well thought out would have a PIM so bad. I think it is a case of Google's desktop engineers overthinking to try and be NOT what others are. Google works hard at trying to shift paradigms and while this one might need a shift, it can't be one this weakly executed.